Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT & HOW WE USE IT
We may collect and use personal and Non-Personal Information from you when you access or use the Service. In this section of the Policy, we will describe the type of information that may be collected and how that information may be used.
For the purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” means personally identifiable information that specifically identifies someone as an individual and includes those items listed below.
- contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number;
- billing information such as credit card number, and billing address;
- any other information required to provide the Service.
- We may collect this Personal Information to respond to your inquiry, fulfill your requests for products, services and information, validate your user rights, and collect payments.
For the purpose of this Policy, “Non-Personal Information” means: (1) information that does not directly identify you; and (2) “aggregate” and “de-personalized” information, which is data we collect about the use of the Service from which personally identifiable information has been removed.
Cookies, Beacons and Tracking
When you access or use the Service, we (or a third party provider) may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags, locally shared objects, clear GIFs and web beacons, to track what you view and interact with on the Service. We treat information collected by cookies and similar technologies as Non-Personal Information.
A “cookie” is a small bit of record-keeping information that is sent to your computer. The cookies that we use do not include Personal Information and may be used to: (1) help you navigate around the Service, (2) monitor how many people are using the Service, and (3) track trends.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can disable cookies or set your browser to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, disabling cookies may affect your ability to access the Service.
Our servers may log Non-Personal Information about your use of the Service, such as: (1) your, or your customers’, if applicable, search activity, pages viewed, date and time of activity; and (2) any information provided by your, or your customers’, if applicable, computers or mobile devices in connection with your use of the Service, such as browser type, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
How/When the Collected Information is Disclosed
We will never sell, share, transfer or rent your Personal Information for secondary purposes.
In certain circumstances, we may share any or all information we have collected, including Personal Information. For example:
- your Personal Information may be transferred to anyone who is helping us make our website and the Service available and functional, like technical agents, payment processing vendors, other subcontractors, and our affiliates and consultants;
- as in any transaction, if you provide your credit card information to us for purchases, your credit card company will be provided with all relevant information about us, item(s) purchased, cost and other information necessary to process the transaction; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information under a legal obligation, in order to enforce or apply our contractual agreements or without your consent pursuant to any of the exceptions in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) and the BC Personal Information Protection Act (“PIPA”).
We may also disclose Personal Information to our service providers and partners for the purpose of processing Personal Information on our behalf or assisting in the operation of the Service or our other products. We require that these parties agree to process such Personal Information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
CHOICES FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If we propose to collect, use or disclose Personal Information for any purpose other than those described in this Policy, we will obtain your consent or offer you an effective way to “opt-out” of the use of Personal Information for those other purposes.
You may choose to withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information as outlined in this Policy at any time. If you withdraw consent, then we may no longer be able to provide you with full or any access to the Service.
Users are also given the opportunity to “opt-out” of having their Personal Information used for specific purposes such as receiving newsletters or other information from us.
Withdrawals of consent will not have an effect on personal or other data that we have used or disclosed in accordance with this Policy prior to such withdrawals.
We commercially reasonable steps as necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely in accordance with this Policy and applicable privacy legislation. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through our website or the Service and you do so at your own risk.
Your Personal Information may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your province, state or country or to a jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location. If you are located outside of Canada, please be advised that we process and store information in Canada and/or the US and/or the EU and your use of our website or the Service constitutes your consent to and understanding of this processing and storage.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal information. We use physical, electronic and/or procedural safeguards to protect our systems and all Personal Information under our control against unauthorized access and use. We only use third party server hosts with certified facilities that contain the industry standard physical, operational and digital security and restriction protocols. All safety and security measures are reasonable and appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information collected.
ACCURACY AND ACCESS/CONTROL OVER PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information collected by us or on our behalf is accurate and complete, as required pursuant to the PIPA.
We will allow you to access your Personal Information in our custody or control, and you may request that we:
- update or correct such personal information;
- change your preferences with respect to communications and other information received from us; or delete your Personal Information on our primary system, by submitting a request to Customer Support, though this may result in your inability to use the Service.
- If we are satisfied on reasonable grounds that your request to update or correct your information should be implemented, we will correct your Personal Information on our primary system as soon as reasonably possible. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required or authorized by law.
COMMUNICATING WITH YOU BY EMAIL
By providing your email address to us or communicating with us via email, you are deemed to expressly consent to receiving email communications from us in conjunction with the Service that we provide to you.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain Personal Information collected pursuant to this Policy only as long as is reasonably required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or as required or authorized by law.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time. We may provide you with notice of such modifications, by sending you an email message or otherwise bringing it to your attention in the Service. Your continued use of the Service will signify your acceptance of the modifications to this Policy. If you disagree with any changes to this Policy, you will need to stop using the Service.
Should you have any questions relating to this Policy or our privacy practices, please send correspondence to: firstname.lastname@example.org